The Encyclopedia of Card Play Techniques at Bridge

Friday, April 23, 2010
Posted by Nina

The Encyclopedia of Card Play Techniques at BridgeOne reader describes this book;
"I am interested in card play technique , and have read many books on the subject, as well as done various computer lessons.

The book is fine as a list of card play techniques, from avoidance play, to squeezes, to end plays , etc. It gives a nice range of examples, and included various types of discovery and anti-discovery plays.
If you are looking for a list of hundreds of types of plays (not just lots of type sof squeezes) this book will be of interest.

If you are looking to improve your technique there are many other books I would read first. I didn't find the format (double dummy, no bidding for soem of teh counting hands) all that useful for learning technique, but in fairness I am familiar with all the non squeeze techniques, and a number of the squeezes. I like books on card play technique, such as Terence Reeses "The most Puzzling Situations in Bridge", but for some reason I didn't really care for this book. Somehow the examples seemed "rushed" or abridged.

Its not a bad book, it does have lots and lots of plays. Its just that I gradually learned all these types of plays by doing lots of problems. I don't think one would get as much friom trying to learn them from this book".

Buy this book at Amazon: The Encyclopedia of Card Play Techniques at Bridge
E-book link:
http://www.4shared.com/document/r7uOO8ig/The_Encyclopedia_of_Card_Play_.html?s=1

0 comments: